Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Serious hair help!? What do I tell my hairdresser?

My hair needs serious tidying up. I have medium-long length hair and fairly good condition. However, my last stylist didn't do a very good job. I have layers, and they've grown very uneven - and they were cut WAY too thick, while my actual hair length looks like rats tails. I also had a side fringe put in, way too THICK and uneven. I've also grown tonnes of frizzy-looking stray bits, especially the hair around my face and all the way along the back.



What can I tell my NEW stylist to help me out? What should I have done to sort out the problem?



Serious hair help!? What do I tell my hairdresser?

You need to find a stylish who is very experienced working w/ thick hair. During the consultation, point out what you don't like about your current style %26amp; what you are hoping to achieve.



Since you have thick hair, you probably want long layers to take out some of the bulk %26amp; to add definition. Keeping the layers long will allow the weight of the hair to pull itself straight. Shorter layers will tend to spring upwards %26amp; create more volume.



You should also consider using products to smooth your hair.



Use your hands to describe the length you want %26amp; bring photos to illustrate your ideas.



Here are links to help you find a flattering hair style:



Describes faces shapes %26amp; cuts to flatter each one w/ photos:



http://beauty.about.com/od/hairbasics/a/...



Tips for thick hair:



http://www.virtualhaircare.com/virtual%2...



Gallery of haircut photos organized by length:



http://matrix.com/find_your_hair_style/



Communicating w/ a stylist to get the hair cut you want: http://www.ehow.com/how_2021622_get-hair...



Product reviews, etc.: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/hair.a...



Serious hair help!? What do I tell my hairdresser?

Unfortunately you need to start from scratch and cut your hair shorter to get a even cut. New hairstylist will tell you the same that's only solution to bad hair cut is a new one. She did a real bad razor cut on you, hair is in choppy uneven layers. If your not willing to get hair cut short. You need to get extensions too hide bad hair cut if its that unsightly ! Just let hair grow out while wearing weave. Start new !



Serious hair help!? What do I tell my hairdresser?

First look on-line to get some pics of the hairstyles you want. just type in the search (pics for medium to long hair), Print the ones you like and talk to your stylist about the kind of cut you want. Ask her questions about how to style your hair once it's been cut and how to help tame the frizzies. A good hairstlylist will listen and give you pointers.



best of luck.



www.coolnoggins.com/photo_gallery.htm



Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment